The General Members Meetings (GMMs) are vital to the efficacy of the union. We need to deliberate about the larger issues our union faces and strategically organize. GEO is democratically run and takes that commitment. seriously. Please do join us!
There will be childcare and food provided. The visual is not an official agenda but a sampling of the topics that we may deliberate. An agenda is forthcoming.
Bring YOU, your ideas and concerns, and a grad mate!
Other meetings prior to the GMM:
- Tuesday September 8th at 7pm at Quality Bar International Student Working Group meeting. We will discuss unique challenges international graduate students face at UIUC, some of our goals for the year and plan for the picnic.
- Wednesday September 9th at 4pm at the Latino/Latina Studies conference room (1207 W. Oregon) Solidarity Committee meeting. We will discuss how to build a strong network with other unions and social justice groups in order to take care of the whole of the employee.
- We have two meetings Thursday September 10th at La Casa:
- Coordinating Committee at 5pm (food provided). This is a meeting of the core officers but is open to members!
- Communications Committee at 6:30pm. Comm Comm We will discuss our goals for the year, our website redesign and how to strategically shape messages to mobilize members and clearly communicate with the University.