1. Write letters to the editor of the News Gazette and Daily Illini informing fellow citizens of what this really all about. You can use the FAQ GEO has produced to help you put together a letter.
2. Donate to TAA’s Capitol Clean Up Fund and Rally and Organizing Supplies (http://www.helpdefendwisconsin.org/) and/or the 14 Democratic State Senators (http://www.actblue.com/page/heroesinwisconsin)
3. Write an email to Governor Scott Walker and express your concern and opposition to the bill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Contact the three Republican Senators that supported SB 353 in 2008 which extended collective bargaining rights to UW-system faculty (see, http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2007/data/SB-353.pdf) and inform them that you oppose the bill. There is a phone/email script for these senators here.
19th Senate District
Telephone: 608 266-0718
Fax: 608 267 6798
32nd Senate District
Telephone: 608 266 5490 or 800 385 3385
Fax: 608 267 5173
Dale Schultz: (unconfirmed reports are that Schultz will vote against Walker’s bill; you can communicate your support)
17th Senate District
Telephone: 608 266 0703 or 800 978 8008
Fax: 608 267-0375
5. Call the two wavering Republican Senators and express your opposition to the bill and your refusal to economically contribute to Wisconsin unless collective bargaining rights are protected: Senator Randy Hopper (608) 266-5300 and (608) 266-5300; Senator Luther Olsen (608) 266-0751 and (608) 266-0751.
6. Contact the 14 Democratic Party Senators and extend your support. The contact information for all of the senators can be found online at http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorslist.aspx?house=senate